Porcelain Laminate Veneers
An excellent alternative to porcelain crowns, dental veneers can perfect your smile by masking stains, hiding chips, correcting misalignment, and creating uniformity. Dental veneers, which are made of thin, customized material designed to slide over the teeth, look incredibly natural, are long lasting, and are relatively easy to apply.
Change Of Color
This seventy year old woman wanted her teeth to look lighter and more youthful. You can see the significant wear of the front teeth as well as the discolored fillings.
Porcelain laminate veneers were placed on the top and bottom teeth. We were able to close spaces and reinforce the worn areas of enamel. Also, we eliminated the discolored fillings. Most important to the patient, however, is the significant change in color. We made the porcelain lighter and more youthful, but not too light so as to look artificial when she smiles. We determine how many laminates to place by how many teeth show when the person smiles broadly. It doesn’t look natural to have some light teeth and some dark. Sometimes, we can try to bleach teeth to lighten them as well.
This young lady (under 80 is still young) came to our office wanting to have a more pleasant smile. You can see she had many years of successful dental treatment that didn’t look great anymore. By placing porcelain laminate veneers, we were able to:
- Restore chipped and decayed teeth
- Give the teeth the appearance of being straight, while continuing to look lifelike
- Create a more youthful, attractive smile
The veneers are bonded to the tooth enamel and are almost as strong as the original tooth structure. This photo was taken immediately after the excess bonding agent was removed. You can notice that the patient’s bottom teeth really don’t show when she smiles. In order to provide conservative treatment, we just slightly reshaped her lower front teeth, which maintains her normal, characterized appearance, while blending in nicely.
This gentleman had composite bondings on his teeth for many years. They became badly stained and chipped. In order to re-establish his pleasant smile, we chose to place porcelain laminate veneers on his top teeth only.
These are several notable results here:
- You can readily see the lifelike, natural appearance of the porcelain laminate veneers. Try to notice the detail in color, translucency and masculine shape of this teeth.
- You can also notice that the teeth are arranged in an irregular arrangement. This style gives his smile the character that makes it natural looking.
- His new smile fits his face but does not bring attention to itself. A pleasant smile should be part of the way you look, not the overriding factor.
- This person’s gum line was made to look symmetrical after some minor gum surgery. The difference between the before and after appearance of his gum tissue is very noticeable.Gingival health is critical to success in any dental procedure. It is easy to keep your gum tissues healthy with veneers when they are properly finished and polished. The appearance of gum tissue when it is healthy also contributes to a natural appearance of teeth.